Sunday, March 27, 2011

Baby Gift

<span class=

A few posts back I mentioned that I was working on a gift for some friends and that I would put up pictures after I had sent them their package. . .well. . .here they are.
Our friends, Kate and Andres are having their first baby, a boy, any time now! They had a celebration/shower last weekend. Unfortunately, for us, they live in Miami so we couldn't attend but wanted to send something special to mark the occasion; I whipped up a blanket, bib and burp cloth .
The bib and burp cloth are knit in cotton, from patterns in this book. The blanket is based on some swaddling blankets my sister received as a gift and swears by. I used a light-weight vintage cotton for the blanket as an attempt to offset the Florida heat and humidity.
I have said before that I use this hat pattern for winter and cooler climate babies. Do you all have a go to baby gift or diy item you like to give?

<span class=

<span class=

<span class=

1 comment:

  1. Cute! I love the burp clothes and bib...what cool ideas. And the swaddling blanket turned out adorable. It's my favorite go-to gift and Molly still uses hers at 3 months:-)

    ReplyDelete