Tuesday, March 22, 2011

The Yard: Part I

We (and by we I mean Jerod and his father) made HUGE progress on our backyard this weekend! When we bought our house there was a corrugated metal shed in the backyard. This was good since there was no garage but bad because of its bizarre location (see pictures 1 and 2).

Don't ask me why but whoever put the shed in built it right in the middle of the yard and didn't level it, causing it to tilt towards our neighbors garage. Luckliy, my father-in-law and Jerod devised a plan that involved rolling the shed to the back of the yard on pipes (isn't that how Stonehenge was built?) Now our shed sits lovely and logically at the back of the yard (See picture 5)! Just imagine a fence, garden, flowers and green grass.




A couple of action shots. I tried to be sneaky so as not to interrupt all of the progress they were making.

3 comments:

  1. That does not look like that was an easy task. But, it is done and what an improvement. Now, on to the next phase!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mom-Suprisingly, it only took them about an hour and a half! They started at 10 and Chris left before noon. By 1 we had moved the compost and put everything back in the shed. I doubt all of our yard projects will go this smoothly or quickly but I'm glad this one did:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good job, Gerfen men! That looks like Josh's type of fun:-)

    ReplyDelete