Sunday, March 13, 2011

Happy Daylight Savings Time!!!!!!!

DSC02389

I will start by saying I had other plans for this post unfortunately they fell apart but more on that later. Yesterday was a beautiful day, combine that with the time change and I have decided that winter is over! I'm sure it will get cold again but for now I am ignoring that and soaking up the good spring vibes.
I feel that Jerod and I got quite a bit done yesterday but don't have too much to show for it, picture-wise that is. Jerod raked and cleaned up the back yard and also got a lot of info from our neighbors on both sides (he discovered that the house behind us use to be a crack house, it's very cute now, and some interesting bits on different incarnations of our house and yard). . . so we are slowly but surely getting ready to start all of the yard projects.
I made some new pillows for the living room couch but am waiting to show them off until I finish them all. . .Do not worry I WILL post pictures. I almost finished a couple of small projects but they are gifts so I won't post about them until I give them (you can see part of one in the above photo).
I originally planned to post about the sweater I have been knitting which is/was going really well. I have 2/3 of the body and one sleeve done. Well. . . . all I can say is mistakes have been made. Everything I have mentioned is knit correctly and looking good but either in haste, distraction, or just plain old not paying attention (I began this sweater at the airport during a semi-stressful time)I have made this sweater about 20x to big for me (by misreading the pattern I am making and XL instead of a Medium). What I am trying to say is I am going to have to start over!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can re-use all of the yarn which is good but YIKES! Needless to say, I am a bit frustrated with myself. I am/was enjoying the pattern and really love how sweater is going to look so I will start over BUT I need to take a few weeks off before I do this. In my experience it is often best to step away from a project for a bit after a major mess up. Oh well. . . below is a sneak peek of of what it was looking like. If something is worth doing it is worth doing right. . .Good Lord I am annoyed with myself though.

DSC02392

For today I think I will work on pillows some more and finish up those gifts. Maybe I will watch this while I do it:)
I hope everyone is doing something fun, relaxing or both this weekend.

2 comments:

  1. At least you can knit a sweater wrong size or not! Even my pot holders were questionable :)

    ReplyDelete