Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Bedside Manners

DSC02306

I know you all are excited because this post is two for the price of one. . .when it comes to marking things off the to do list! We are going to take a look at the bedspread & bedskirt, I made for our bedroom and some night stands Jerod spruced up for me.
Let's start with the bedside tables!
Along in September Jerod took an old, worn out bedside table, we already were using and a rusted typewriter stand and gave them a sanding and a coat of paint and . . .Voila! Fresh, cute and mismatched (while still related) tables.

DSC02077 DSC02310

DSC02080 DSC02309

Ignore the taped together alarm clock on the first table, I am aware it needs replacing.

DSC02318

Now we will move on to the bedspread and bedskirt. There is not too much to say, except that I sewed diagonally cut strips of fabric together, backed them with cotton batting and solid colored cotton and then machine quilted it (sort of). I also made some matching pillow cases and a contrasting bedskirt. I am quite pleased with the results. I would like to make drapes for the room and possibly add a couple of decorative pillows but compared to what it use to look like, it's a 100% improvement.

DSC02316 DSC02315

DSC02300

Oh. . . and Crispin helped me during the sewing process.

5 comments:

  1. The bedspread is so cheerful and pretty. It is just perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love, love, love it! You are the pattern mix master!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I love that bedspread! I'm so impressed with everything you do! :)

    ReplyDelete