Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Mitten Accomplished

I am FINALLY posting pictures of the mittens I made. I think I finished both of these in October. . .I know it was still warm outside. Obviously, I haven't been great about posting as I complete things. I am going to try to be better about this going forward. We'll see how this goes.

Of the tons of wintery things I have knit and crochet (hats, scarves, shawls) I have never made mittens. Thus my goal of whipping some up this year. I started with this pattern and used a red cotton as opposed to a more traditional wool.

I then figured I would quickly make a pair of wrist warmers from this pattern and a grey acrylic yarn I had lying around (or is it laying around?). Wrist warmers and fingerless gloves are a good option for the Oklahoma fall and spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment