Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Dustbowl Progress

So. . . I have been hard at work prepping for the Dustbowl Arts Market (April 28th). I have spent the evenings and weekends cutting, sewing, ironing (my least favorite part) and planning. Jerod refers to this state of things as "the Belteau sweat shop" and threatens to lock the door, feed me speed and just give me food once a day (in actuality he has done the grocery shopping, helped me clean and let me monopolize the Roku). I don't have any finished product to show off yet but I have made some headway.
Untitled
I have bags full of various size bunting pieces all stacked, sorted and ready to sew.

Untitled
Bird bodies. . . .

Untitled
A bit of sewing done! (Crispin was so exhausted from supervising that she took a quick nap. . .I think it was 2 hours)

Untitled
AND. . . a couple almost done buntings (size large) they just need their finishing touches.
Although, it is a lot of work I have been having tons of fun and am more excited than I have been in ages (I hope I am not getting my hopes up too high).
I will keep you all posted on my progress and hope that everyone is up to something of their own that is both fun and fulfilling.

4 comments:

  1. I laughed about Jerod's proposal for locking the door and feeding you speed. I was envisioning a Jessie Spano-style freak out. Saved by the Bell really tells it like it is. I can't wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I reenacted that freak out over the weekend! Actually, I reenact J. Spano's freak out more often than one would think . . .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! Your little buntings look so cute!i can't wait to see pictures of your booth all set up.

    Nikki

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nikki! I can't wait to see what my booth looks like too...I need to start working on that part!

      Delete