Monday, December 13, 2010

Tale of Three Muffins

Sunday I decided that I needed to get some muffins baked and into the freezer. Okay, let me back-track. . .I like to make muffins and freeze them to take for lunch, with a piece of cheese and some fruit. Being that they are the main part of my lunch I try to pack a little protein in them. So, Sunday I made a couple of batches, some tried and true quinoa muffins and a "high energy" muffins (from my favorite cookbook). A bit of a side note, the base of the high energy muffins is pureed kidney beans! It is my first time making these but so far so delicious.


Later I whipped up a white bean chili, from this cookbook, and everybody knows chili needs cornbread. Being on a muffin kick I figured I would throw some canned jalapenos and cheese in my regular cornbread batter and call them muffins!


YUM!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment