Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Bottle Stoppers: Summer Pinterest Challenge

So....I decided to Pinterest(Summer Edition)Challenge it. . .



 Meaning (for those of you that don't read Young House Love) that you complete a project inspired by something you pinned to Pinterest and then all meet up back at YHL (or Bower Power) and link to your project. It's fun you can see what other people are up to and I do love a deadline!

I didn't get too lofty or overly creative with this project but it was cute, easy and I am happy with how it turned out. I was initially inspired (and pinned) these swanky geode bottle stoppers I saw on cupcakes and cashmere. Not being super swanky myself and also not having any geodes on hand I grabbed a few bits I did have lying around, some heavy duty glue, a couple of leftover corks and 24 hours later I have unique bottle stoppers for our bar area. Here is my process.....

Untitled 
Supplies! A friend gave me this tiny, glow in the dark Virgin Mary years ago and she has hung around in a lot of spots but I thought she she would like to make her home among our liquor for the time being. I also have this random rose rock (it's an Oklahoma thing, read up on them here) that we dug up in the back yard last year. I though it was a homey sub for a geode.

Untitled Untitled 
I put some glue on the base of the objects and on the top of the corks, pressed the objects on did a little clean up around the edges and. . . .VIOLA!

Untitled 
Well okay, first I secured the object to the cork with a trusty rubber band and let them dry about 24 hours. Better safe than sorry when letting glue dry. . .and then. . .VIOLA! For real this time.

Untitled Untitled

So what do you guys think? Are you pinning, making, drinking anything of note these days?

2 comments:

  1. haha (smile). I'm still looking for some geodes to do your inspiration version too!

    Bernadette from www.b3hd.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't looked too hard but if I stumble on some geodes I am going to have to pick them up:)
      Good luck on your geode hunt.

      Delete