Saturday, September 25, 2010

Hanging Around

I am a bit obsessed with things you hang from the ceiling (banners, mobiles, bunting, etc) and am trying to figure out a way to incorporate these into the decor of our house. Here are a few things I've seen that I wish I had a use for, want to copy, or are sparking an idea.

These papel picado banners seem like they would be more fun for a party than for everyday decorating but anyone who knows me knows these are right up my alley. Also, it is great that you can customize and personalize them for any occasion!
I have loved this bird mobile for ages. Luckily, Spool Sewing supplies a pattern. . .meaning these birds may find a home in the Gerfen casa sooner rather than later.













Bunting is always cheap and easy. Based on the cheerfulness of these images I may have to wait and put some in the backyard next summer!

How stinkin' easy (and classy) do these mobiles look! Obviously, the colors need to be brighter, to suit my tastes, but cute none-the-less.

I could go on and on but I'll leave it at that before I overwhelm myself and bore whoever is reading this.

3 comments:

  1. I actually thought those birds were something you had thought up...they look just like you! And Wyatt would loose his mind if he saw them. He loves nothing more than a good "quacky".

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://www.sweetpaulmag-digital.com/sweetpaulmag/fall2010#pg102

    love the mobiles on the wheel! great idea.

    ReplyDelete